The Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System, or Gen-III ECWCS is a protective cold weather clothing system created originally by the United States Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center. This system consisted of a parka and trousers plus 20 other individual clothing, headwear and footwear items which are used in various combinations to meet the cold weather environmental requirements of the US military. Our baselayer level garments are based off these designs to give our garments the same quality and utility as the base layers of this system. The Level-2 garments provide light insulation in mild cold and an additional layer of protection in frigid conditions. The grid fleece pattern on the inside is designed for maximum breath-ability and improved moisture wicking properties.
• Zip through collar zips to create turtleneck
• Tagless heat transfer sizing label
• Thumb holes in sleeves for adding multiple layers
• Flat locked construction
• Microban® anti-microbial properties in the fabric to aid in odor defense
• Double needle stitched hem