The Blizzard Survival Blanket is the new standard in thermal protection for casualties. This extra-large blanket wraps around a casualty and seals with a self-adhesive closure. It can easily be re-opened for examination of the casualty or medical intervention.
- Seals with a self-adhesive closure
- Can be easily re-opened multiple times for examination of medical intervention
- Seals work in wet and dry conditions
- Extra large bag - able to protect large casualties or those wearing thick clothing
- Can also be used as a sleeping bag for one or two persons
Carry a small role of duct tape to shape the blanket into the desired shape, mend holes, or mend slight damage. If a casualty needs to walk or move, arm holes can be cut out as needed.
PHTLS says medics' initial response to trauma cases should be: "After any immediate life-threatening issues are addressed, wet clothes should be replaced with dry clothes, if possible, and the casualty should be wrapped in a survival blanket."